B.F. "Biff" Godfrey
Dedicated to providing efficient representation in a number of business law matters, Attorney B.F. "Biff" Godfrey attended the University of Notre Dame for his undergraduate degree, before earning his law degree from Southern Methodist University School of Law.
Admitted to both the Texas and Florida bars, he served as corporate counsel for Zale Corporation, TGI Fridays Inc., and Darden Restaurants, Inc., where his responsibilities included matters such as commercial and retail leasing, real estate, domestic and international franchising, licensing, trademarks and purchasing.
In private practice, he has represented such clients as TGI Fridays, E-Brands, Albertsons, La Madeleine, Wagamama, Inc. and Winnie Corp. His practice has expanded to include liquor licensing, residential real estate, living wills, and health surrogate designation. Mr. Godfrey lectures throughout Florida on the law of easements and real estate development.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Retail & Commercial Leasing
- Intellectual Property Law (Franchising, Trademarks, Licensing, Copyright)
- Business Organizations
- Real Estate Law
- Texas, 1974
- Florida, 1994
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Notre Dame
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Liberal Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association- Forum on Franchising, 1992 - Present
- British American Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce